Bubble Braids: A Stylish and Easy Hairstyle for Any Occasion
In recent times, bubble braids have caught the attention of the masses as a novel fashion trend. Due to their stylish and cute appearance, bubble braids have become increasingly popular in the beauty and fashion industry, with many opting to incorporate this hairstyle into their daily routines. Additionally, the simplicity of creating bubble braids has contributed significantly to its wide appeal and is considered a compelling factor in its popularity. In the present blog piece, we will guide you through the sequential process of creating a bubble braid. So, if you're keen on giving it a shot, follow along with us.
What is a Bubble Braid?
Bubble braids are similar to regular braids, but they are easier and faster to finish, consisting of a single strand of hair, shaped like a bubble. The bubbles add volume and texture to the hairstyle, creating a unique and stylish look that is perfect for any occasion.
How to Make Bubble Braids?
Making bubble braids is very easy and can be done in a few simple steps:
- Wash your hair to remove any dirt, oil or styling products that may be in your hair. This will allow your hair to better hold the bubbles.
- Smooth out your hair by using a brush or comb to detangle your hair and remove any knots or tangles. You can also use a straightening iron to make your hair smoother and easier to work with.
- Turn your hair into a ponytail by pulling all of your hair back and securing it with a hair tie. You can make the ponytail as high or low as you like, depending on the look you want to achieve.
- Create bubble braids by taking a small section of hair from the ponytail, about 2-3 inches from the hair tie, and securing it with another hair tie. Push the hair tie upwards to create the first bubble, and repeat the process until you reach the end of the section of hair.
- Neaten the bubbles by pulling them apart gently to create a more defined look. You can also use bobby pins to secure any loose hair or to hold the bubbles in place.
Different Types of Bubble Braids
There are many different ways to style bubble braids, making them a versatile and flexible hairstyle that can be worn for any occasion. Here are some of the most popular types of bubble braids:
- Half Up and Half Down Bubble Braids - This is a great look for those who want to show off their length and volume. It involves creating the bubbles in the top half of the hair, and leaving the bottom half down.
- Double Bubble Braids - This is a cute and playful hairstyle that involves creating two separate bubble braids on either side of the head. The bubbles can be made closer or further apart, depending on the look you want to achieve.
Do Bubble Braids Damage Your Hair?
If styled correctly, bubble braids can be less damaging than traditional braids. With traditional braids, the hair is tightly woven together, which can cause damage and breakage over time. Bubble braids, on the other hand, involve creating loose, separated sections of hair, which puts less stress on the hair and reduces the risk of damage.
The Benefits of Bubble Braids
Bubble braids, a creative and fun twist on traditional braids, have taken the hairstyling world by storm with their effortless and distinct look. Wearing bubble braids comes with several benefits that make it an excellent choice for any hair type or occasion.
- One of the most significant benefits of bubble braids is the ease with which they can be made. Unlike intricate braids that can take a lot of time and effort to create, bubble braids require minimal styling and can be done quickly in the morning or for last-minute events. With minimal effort, bubble braids can give you a chic, trendy and put-together look without taking too much of your time.
- Bubble braids also provide a unique and stylish look that is different from traditional braids. The bubbles in the braids add texture and volume to the hair, creating a delightful and charming hairstyle. This eye-catching feature of bubble braids makes them stand out in a crowd, and the bubbles can be big, small or any size you desire. Moreover, it works well with all hair lengths, adding texture and volume to create a stunning look.
- Another benefit of bubble braids is their versatility; they can be styled in different ways. Whether you’re looking for a half up, double bubble or low bubble braid, bubble braids offer a lot of variety and styles that can be worn for any occasion. You can easily switch up your style to suit your mood, depending on the event or your preference. You can get creative with your bubble braids and experiment with different styles to find a look that suits your taste.
- Lastly, they don't cause damage to your hair. To create bubble braids, you make use of loosely divided hair sections that apply minimal pressure to the hair. This means that you're less likely to experience hair breakage or damage, compared to other braiding techniques that require tighter twists and pulling.
If you're looking to switch up your hairstyle and try something new, bubble braids may be the perfect option for you. They are easy to make, create a unique look, offer a variety of styles, and don't damage your hair. So, go ahead and give bubble braids a try – you may just fall in love with this trendy hairstyle.